Massage has been used to promote health and well being throughout recorded history. Hippocrates prescribed massage for both patients and athletes. There are over 80 different types of massage today. Chair massage lets you enjoy the benefits of massage without taking a large bite out of your day or your pocketbook. Using a blend of Western and Eastern techniques, the chair massage focuses on reducing stress and muscle tension in a safe and comfortable environment.
Additional information about chair massage can be found at MassageTherapy.com.
What to Expect
Chair massage is a brief massage which:
- Is performed by a professional massage therapist while you sit in a specially designed portable massage chair or in a regular chair.
- Takes place with you fully clothed. In general, no lotion or oil is used unless massaging the hands. (You can request no lotion.)
- Lasts from 10 to 30 minutes.
The chair massage can be adapted to your needs. Always be sure to tell the therapist of any health concerns or issues you may have. In a 10 or 15 minute massage, the therapist will focus on releasing tension in your back, neck, and shoulders. Lengthier massages can also include your head, arms, and hands. Let your therapist know if there is a particular area in which you would like additional focus.
In the time it would take for a coffee break, a chair massage can relieve mental and physical stress and leave you feeling both relaxed and energized.
Specifically, chair massage can:
- Reduce muscle tension and the pain it causes.
- Provide a change of pace so the body and mind can relax and renew energy reserves.
- Calm the nervous system and increase circulation, which boosts energy and alertness.
- Help you identify where the tension is and learn to release it on your own.
Contact us if you would like to learn more.